We would like to annouce that we have upgraded our ice cream to SUPER PREMIUM Ice Cream. I'm sure you are wondering what is the difference, right?
Ice cream have many different grades starting from seper-premium to low fat ice cream. Sources from The US Department of Agriculture Commercial Item Description A-A-20342 for Ice Cream, Sherbet, Fruit and Juice Bars, Ices and Novelties mentioned that:
- Super Premium ice cream- Tends to have very low overrun and high fat content, and the manufacturer uses the best quality ingredients. (eg: BEN & jERRY'S, HAAGEN DAZ etc.)
- Premium ice cream- Tends to have low overrun and higher fat content than standard ice cream and the manufacturer uses higher quality ingredients. (eg: Blue Bunny Premium Ice Cream)
- Standard Ice Cream- Meets the minimum requirements of the ice cream standard of identity in 21 CFR 135.110.
- Economy ice cream- Meets the minimum requirements of the ice cream standard of identity in 21 CFR 135.110 and generally sells for a lower price than standard ice cream.
- Fat Free- Food contains less than 0.5 g fat per reference amount customarily consumed specified in CFR 101.12
- No sugar added- No sugar or sugar containing ingredient is added during processing or packaging.
- Lite- If 50% or more of the calories are from fat , fat must be reduced by at least 50% per reference amount customarily consumed compared to an appropriate reference food.
- Reduced fat - Foodcontains at least 25% less fat per reference amount customarily consumed than an appropriate reference food.
- Low Fat- Food contains 3g or less of fat per reference amount customarily consumed.
* Overrun- The increase in product volume created when given volume of ice cream mix is aerated during processing.
Our ice cream now fall into the superpremium category. The texture is more dense and creamier as well as silky smooth. it is also known as REAL ice cream.